Saturday, April 5, 2008

Replay by Sharon Creech

Sharon Creech is one of my favorite authors. She writes realistic fiction and her protagonists are usually young adults. This book is really funny and touching. The main character is a 12 year old boy. He is lost in his boisterous Italian family. His name is Leo but everyone calls him "fog boy" or "Sardine" because he one time said he feels like a sardine smashed between his siblings. I could really relate to the big family aspect of the story. One of my biggest fears is that my kids ever feel as lost and overlooked as this boy did. I love the ending that shows just how much his family and extended family love him.

Other books by Sharon Creech I love:
Walk Two Moons-one of my favorite books of all times
Bloomability-very cheerful, what every teenage girl wants her life to be like.
Wanderer-I love the discovery in this book.
Ruby Holler-Great look at the good part of human nature

No comments: