Saturday, April 5, 2008

By Way of Introduction

I love books. I feel that there are so many good books out there and I want to read them all. I do not have lots of time to read. (I teach full time and have eight children the youngest one is only three.) But, I can't imagine not reading at all. I teach third grade. It is the time that kids move from struggling to read to actually enjoying reading. One of my greatest joys is matching students with books that they love, especially for reluctant readers. I know there are books out there for every kid.

That leads me to my taste in books. I do not like most adult literature. I don't need to read about sexual situations or crude language or swearing. I like most children's literature and young adult literature. I like all genre but fantasy is my favorite. Some of my favorite books are the Lord of the Ring trilogy and the Harry Potter series. I really do love them. Lately I have fallen under the spell of vampires. I don't usually read something everyone else really likes. That is the rebel in me. However, when DiAnn and Emily recommended Twilight. I had to read it and I was hooked. I thought they were great.

Why the blog? I really like reading Julie's blog about books. I wont read as much as she does but I love to talk about what I read. I wont be posting pictures of my kids so it does not have to be private. Anyone can read about the books I read.

1 comment:

Kassie said...

Hey this is sweet, Susan. I'm just starting Twilight! I'm excited.