Thursday, April 17, 2008

Read Alouds

Right now I am reading two books aloud to my family. I am reading mostly to Isaac and Rebekah but everyone likes to listen.

The Fellowship of the Ring- I am reading it to Isaac. My older boys have read this book themselves and they all love it. I only read when Isaac has his homework done so it is slow going. I hope to finish this month. I am over half way. Every time I read these books I fall in love with Tolkien's talent for language. It is also different reading it aloud. The language is so beautiful it begs to be read aloud. I am loving this book-again.

To Rebekah I am reading Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan. I really like this book too. It hones in on every little girls love of horses and then take a turn for extreme adventure. She also write so well it is fun to read it aloud. This is again one of my favorite author's. She wrote Esperanza Rising. I think everyone should read that book. I have never looked at immigrants the same after that book.

No comments: